The MVI94 Modbus Slave Network Interface Adapter can interface up to 8 Rockwell Automation FLEX and/or Integra I/O modules directly with any Modbus Master.
Modbus Master/Slave Network Interface Module for FLEX I/O
The MVI94 Modbus Master/Slave Communication Module allows Flex® processors to interface easily with other Modbus protocol compatible devices.
The module acts as an Options module between the Modbus network and the Flex backplane. Compatible devices include not only Modicon® PLCs (almost all support the Modbus protocol) but also a wide range of process and control devices from a variety of manufacturers. Many SCADA packages also support the Modbus protocol.
Features and Benefits
- Support for the storage and transfer of up to 5000 registers to/from the Flex processor’s data files
- User-definable module memory usage
- Application port can emulate Modbus master or slave device
- Supports Enron version of Modbus protocol for floating point data transactions
The MVI94-MCM accepts Modbus function code commands of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 15 and 16 from an attached Modbus master unit. A port configured as a Modbus slave permits a remote master to interact with all data contained in the module. This data can be derived from other Modbus slave devices on the network, through a master port, or from the Flex processor.
A port configured as a virtual Modbus master device on the MVI94-MCM actively issues Modbus commands to other nodes on the Modbus network. One hundred (100) commands are supported on each port. Additionally, the master port has an optimized polling characteristic that polls slaves with communication problems less frequently. The Flex processor can be programmed to control the activity on the port by actively selecting commands from the command list to execute or issuing commands directly from the ladder logic.
Some of the general specifications include:
- Operation via simple ladder logic
- Complete setup and monitoring of module through Debug port and user configuration file
- Flex backplane interface via I/O access
NOTE: All products are pre-order items