Throughput - Jobs Available
Dang! Currently there are no positions available ! When a position becomes available, it will be advertised and guided to this page for details! Either return to this page from time to time or drop us a line to make an enquiry.
Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer will service clients with technical support issues relating to the company’s products. This will be done telephonically, electronically, and from time to time, providing onsite support. This position is well suited to individuals with excellent communication and people skills. Product training will be provided but a good grasp of networking and industrial protocols is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive incoming customer technical queries and provide telephonic/ electronic support to a point of full resolution. Where necessary onsite support visits may have to be done
- Follow up, as necessary, to ensure the problem has been fully resolved and take the appropriate steps where needed
- Manage all related administrative actions pertaining to the position
- Coordinate with relevant staff and management on all support issues
- Maintain statistics and records of support actions
- Maintain client databases
- Record in writing all technical processes not already formulated
- A good grasp of networking and industrial protocols
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Attention to detail
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in networking and / or automation system configuration
- Experience with automation and instrumentation systems (PLC, SCADA)
- Some knowledge of industrial communication protocols (Modbus, Profibus, Ethernet) is preferable
- Technical qualification (Information Technology) an advantage, but not essential
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be BEE-compliant
Technical Support engineers can move into sales roles such as Sales Engineer.
Contract & Remuneration
The position is permanent and the salary is negotiable.
Interested applicants must e-mail their CV’s to Job Apps.